Share  *  Connect  *  Grow

History

The Orland Park Area Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-proflt corporation established in 1958 to increase business growth within the community. Originally boasting 14 members, the Chamber's membership has grown to almost 600 businesses and organizations.

The Chamber of Commerce is people working together to solve common problems or advance programs that make the Orland area a better place to live, work, and conduct business. Its objectives are to increase business growth and development of jobs within the market and to respond to the needs of the community's economic, educational, governmental, and cultural needs.

Chamber activities include the publication of the Chambergram newsletter, Membership Meetings with guest speakers, Community Expo, Golf Outing, Orland Women's Networking Luncheon, Christmas Party, Installation Cocktail Party, Young Professionals, monthly networking events through our Business Before/After Hours Mixers, structured networking events and Educational Seminars.

The Chamber's office was located at various rental sites until 1986. Through the combined efforts of the Chamber, Ameritech Mobile Communications, and Orland School District 135, a historic red-brick, one-room schoolhouse on 151st Street was moved from 94th Avenue to 88th Avenue. The school building, a part of Orland's history, has been restored and now serves as the Chamber's home.

With a membership goal of 700, the Orland Park Area Chamber of Commerce will continue to expand, while stressing the importance of a stimulated growth in the community necessary to support the commercial, industrial, and retail businesses in the area.

The Orland Park Area Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to being the primary resource helping business and the community grow and prosper.